Saturday, July 25, 2009

Better late than never...4th of July!

Well we had a fun fourth of July, I just never got around to posting anything or any pictures of it...so here goes. We started off the day by going with my parents to watch the Edmond 4th of July parade and let me tell you that is the LONGEST parade I have EVER heard of! It was fun and we were there to watch my nephew Jared ride a horse in it so it was all good but we did get there at 10 (we thought thats when it started) turns out it started like at 8:45, we left at 11:20 after seeing my nephew and it still wasn't over!! Where I grew up it was like a 20 minute parade and you were done! Oh well, it was fun!

Next we headed home for nap time after we all ate at Ihop. Caleb took a nap and we got ready for what we thought would be a late night...well it turns out the rain canceled the fireworks that night so we just hung out at home and then went out on the front porch and watched the fireworks from there. We were actually disappointed that we didn't get to go to a big fireworks show, at Disney world when we watched them Caleb loved them and the noise didn't scare him at all. Oh well there is always next year! Here are a few pics from the front yard standing in the light rain and watching what we could see from there.

No comments: